BARN BABES MOBILE ANIMAL FARM - PETTING ZOO
Frequently Asked Questions!
Wondering about having Barn Babes Animal Farm attend your function or party then these questions and answers may help you. If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact us.
1. How much space do we require for set up? Barn Babes Animal Farm offers different packages to suit your space available, number of children attending and access to set up area. The space required depends on the animals included and the type of event and number of people attending. It works better if the area is fairly level to accommodate the fencing. .Our pens are adjustable, to enable us to fit into some awkward places. We will ask you about he set up area on booking. Please contact us for further information.
2. What if it is raining? Barn Babes Animal Farm has portable covers on board. In the case of heavy rain, these may not always be suitable. In these situation's we can use a floor covering and a carport or patio area.
3. What if it is really 'hot'? Barn Babes uses shade covers for the comfort of the children and the animals. Other procedures are taken into account by the staff for the animals well being, fresh clean cold water, spray bottles, ice packs even a misting fan to ensure the animals and visitors are as comfortable as possible with the heat.
4. What happens to all the mess? One of Barn Babes best friends and part of every event is the "POO SCOOP" we are not afraid to use it as much as required . We place the mess in a bucket and bring back home for the compost heap unless there are some organic farmers that come and ask for it! All you will be left with is amazing photos and highly likely shorter grass.
5. We don't have a grass area for the animals, is this okay? All the animals from Barn Babes Animal Farm obviously love the grass, however if you do not have any we can use a tarp on pavers, concrete or similar to protect the area and so the animals still feel comfortable. We need to know what surface we will be setting up on before we attend your event so we can be prepared with the correct equipment.
6. We don't have much parking available? Depending which package you have chosen will determine with vehicle and trailer Barn Babes Animal Farm will be using. For further details please contact us.
7. I only want a couple of animals for my party/function, can I do this? Yes we are happy to do this but it is dependent on date required and any other bookings we may have on the day, we will do our very best to accommodate you.
8. Can the children feed or pick up the animals? Bottle feeding at Barn Babes Animal Farm is available at times but is dependent on the animals we have at the time of your party/event. The party package offers hand feeding . Holding of the animals at parties is allowed under strict guidance eg assistance from a staff member or parent. Holding of the animals at large events will not be allowed for the safety and comfort of the animals, patting and brushing and feeding only will be permitted. Please contact us for further information.
09. What if I exceed MAX numbers for my chosen party package? In this case we would ask you to extend the booking time so we can safely and comfortably accommodate everyone! Barn Babes Animal Farm has prepared the packages specifically to suit the number of children attending, space required to ensure the animals are safe and feel comfortable at all the events they attend. It is very important to select the right package/time for your requirements. Please contact us for further information
11. What happens to the animals when they get bigger? No we don't eat them! We love our animals, from the start they are part of our family. We often keep them to breed from, we have some amazing mums which are happy for us to handle their babies from the time they are born because they trust us. Occasionally we may sell /re-home animals when they have become to big to handle, if there is a animal you are seeking please contact us, all our animals make fantastic pets.
12. How are Barn Babes Animal Crew so friendly, calm and tame? We spend a abundance of hours with these animals! When they are not at an event they still require fresh bedding, food, bottle feeding, fresh water, exercise time, cuddles, bathing, brushing, prepping, grooming, pats, snuggles & training. It often takes us 2-3 hours a day for general feeding and waters only - excluding the rest of the chores that are required! We are also very careful not to allow over crowding in the pen at events and monitor the handling of the animals at all times.
Why do we do it ...... this is not a business or a job for us but a lifestyle. We would not want to live any other way. We want nothing else but for everyone to enjoy our amazing animal family, learn about the animals and generally love to be around them!
**We pride ourselves on the health, cleanliness, temperament and friendliness of all our animal family**